Saturday, May 28, 2011

Have the MET gone mad ? by Jody McIntyre

Of course, I never expected to receive any kind of rigour or openness from an investigation which consisted of the Metropolitan Police, whom I consider to be one of the most corrupt and inept institutions in the country, investigating themselves, but their report on my case was even poorer than I could have imagined.


As I stated during my interview on BBC News last night, I believe that the police are acting as the biggest, armed, government-sponsored gang. 


Interestingly, rather than informing myself or my solicitor in advance, as would be normal procedure, the findings of the investigation were released straight to the media, late on a Friday afternoon. 


It is becoming increasingly clear that the police are intent on whitewashing what is a clear case of police brutality. 


They have now admitted to striking me with a baton, and there is video evidence, which has been viewed by hundreds of thousands of people online, of a police officer tipping me out of my wheelchair and dragging me across the road.


If this had been any other member of the public, he would be on trial for assault, but because it was a police officer, unaccountability is once again the order of the day.
http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2011/05/28/have-the-metropolitan-police-gone-mad/